How to: Add Promo Codes
This document outlines how to create Promo Codes on an event level and client level. Coupon Codes are a great promotional tool to spur sales. It is easy to create custom coupon codes, follow the easy steps below.
How to Create Coupon Codes (Event Level)
- Login to your ticketZone account
- Select “Coupons” from the left side toolbar
- You’ll have to click ‘CREATE NEW COUPON’ in the upper righthand corner
- Select whether or not you want to create a single-use coupon or a multi-use coupon
- Select that this is for the EVENT level
- Type in the name of your event (wait for it to auto-populate, then select it from the dropdown menu)
- Enter a name for your coupon code
- Decide on the rules for how your code can be used. You can choose to deduct either a fixed amount (e.g., $20) or a percentage (e.g. 20%) from either the base ticket price, or from the final order, including fees.
- Next, decide if this coupon code will only apply if a customer purchases a certain number of tickets (e.g. if you’re only discounting large group sales of 20 or more, you’d select min order of 20 ticket(s) per order).
- Select the dates your coupon code will be valid from (clicking anywhere in each of the text boxes will bring up a large month calendar for you to select the dates)
- Click SAVE
How to Create Promo Codes (Client Level)
- The same as above but be sure to select from the first drop down menu that this is for the COMPANY, not an event
- Type in the name of the company (wait for it to auto-populate, then select it from the dropdown menu)
- Follow remaining steps above