Now that your company is set up, you can create your event. You can do this by going to your dashboard and clicking the blue Create New Event button.
- Event Title: Enter the title of your event (for example: John Doe : Live in Chicago!)
- Event Custom URL: Enter a custom URL handle so customers can easily find your event, use a short descriptive name relating to your event (for example: entering johndoe will redirect to https://johndoe.ticketzone.com)
- Event Starts: Enter the date and time your event begins
- Event Ends: Enter the date and time your event ends
- Event Sale Ends: Enter the date and time you want ticket sales to end
- Location: Click the blue Create New Location button, a dialogue box will open
- Name: Enter the name of the venue your event will take place
- Enter a city, address, or location: Type the address or venue your event will take place, this should auto populate and fill in the rest of the information.
- Timezone: Select the Timezone the event is taking place
- Click the blue Save button.
- Co-Organizers: If you have a sponsor, co-organizer, or any other companies you'd like to list, type their names in this space.
- Delivery Methods: Choose the ticket type you would like to offer for your event, click in the
- Print@Home / Mobile: This will generate a PDF ticket containing a unique barcode that will appear on it which can be scanned using our Box Office App. Customers can print this ticket or present it on their mobile device to gain entry to your event. Optionally use the toggle to turn on 'Show Event Time on Event Listing' and/or 'Show this time on the ticket (if empty it defaults to event time)'. Choosing either option will show the event time on the ticket.
- Will Call - Pick up at the Event: This option means you will allow entry by customers presenting their Photo ID and/or credit card used to make the purchase.
- Tax: Enter the tax amount you will charge for this event. Usually, you will enter the % you pay in sales tax depending on your location.
- seats.io Event Key: If you are offering reserved seating and use seats.io, enter your account key in this field.
Description: Enter very detailed information about your event. The more information the better. This cuts down support requests, confusion about the event, and most importantly refund requests. Remember ticketZone only handles support regarding obtaining tickets. If we receive specific questions regarding your event, we will pass those customers on to you. Please use the following suggestions in your description, as these are the most frequently asked questions:
- Location: Please be very clear on the location of your event. For example, if your event is on a boat or a cruise, make sure you are clear on the pickup time and location.
- Venue Information: Provide the name of the venue and any special instructions, rules, and parking information they may have.
- Information on the event or performer: Include basic information, biographies, and links to media or merchandise.
- Transportation: Provide your customers with information how they can get to your event; type in train, subway, or bus routes that may help them get to you.
- Schedule: Provide the time doors open and what time the event starts and ends.
- Seating: Let your customers know if there will be seating, if it is reserved, or if it is general admission OR if there is no seating at all.
- Accessibility: Provide whether your venue and event handicap accessible? Do you have any special instruction for those customers?
- Recording: Let your customers know if you allow cameras, video, or recording of your event.
- Dress Code: Do you have a dress code for your event? Please detail the dress code or point to a link on your site explaining the dress code.
- Will Call Requirements: Let your customers know when and where they can pick up their will call tickets and what you require from them when picking up. You can also put this in the terms and conditions below.
- Contact Information: Provide an email address where the customer can contact you if they need to get in touch with you.
- Terms: This can include any other Terms you might have, which may include some of the suggestions for the Description.
- Terms Name: Type in the terms name (for example: No Refunds or Exchanges)
- Terms Content: Enter in your statement here.
- Hide from Search and Feeds: Selecting this option will make your event private, this means your event will not show up when people search in ticketZone.com or in search engines like Google or Yahoo!. Simply switch the toggle on to enable this option.
- Password Protect Ticket Purchasing: Selecting this option will include your event in search feeds but will require customers to enter a password created by you in order to purchase tickets. For example, you can use this for Private Events, Reunions, Fan Club Presales, etc. Simply type in the password you want to distribute and provide it to the people you want to have access.
- Click Save.
Once you click Save, you will notice additional options appear along the top and on the right-hand side of the browser. Proceed to the next steps and we will go over each section in order.
Do you need further assistance? Please Contact Support.
PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP >